Low forward drop (on resistance) with high voltage blocking capacity is crucial for many (AC)DC/DC converters.
A ‘diode emulator’ can be built using a high voltage transistor and control logic, the case of a half wave rectifier.
- Circuit design of an active rectification IC, consisting of a power stage, gate driver and sensing circuitry in a wide-bandgap technology
- Layout implementation of the entire chip
- Design of characterization PCB’s
- Characterization & application tests
- Tape-out experience in an emerging & exciting technology
- Chance to take part in the whole design process from topology selection to characterization
- Opportunity to learn High Voltage & Power Design essentials from an experienced team
- Possibility of publications